We talked about tips for successful sight reading.
- What is the Time Signature? Count out a few measures to get the feel for it.
- Are there any patterns? Look for Rhythm Patterns, Note Patterns and Repeated Notes.
- Do you know what all the notes are? If not, figure out what they are before you start playing.
- Are there any repeat signs?
- Are there any forte, piano or mezzo-piano markings?
- What is your starting hand position?
Now, you are ready to play!
Oompa Loompa Song This arrangement is from Faber PreTime Piano Popular, Primer Level